Now Accepting Submissions for the
2022 SARA|NY Design Awards!
Registration is now open to submit your architectural project(s) for the 2022 SARA|NY Design Awards. Register here: https://saranydesignawards.awardsplatform.com/
You may also visit our website for the registration form and follow the instructions on the Awards Platform to register for this year's Design Awards Program.
1. Upon registration, you will have access to an online account to submit your project(s).
2. Upload no more than 10 images for each entry. Image resolution should be at a maximum of 150dpi. The selection of images should be comprehensive and enough to adequately visualize and describe the design problem and its solution. For example, for a building submission, images should include but are not limited to site plan(s), floor plan(s), elevation(s), and at least one view of the interior. Submissions for other categories are at the discretion of the entrants. (For entries in categories 12-13, please add before and after photos.)
3. Include a narrative of 200 words or less.
4. All projects must be submitted by midnight on March 16th, 2022.
5. Please do NOT add your name, firm name, or logo to the image or narrative.
- No entry may be submitted which has previously won a SARA|NY Design Award.
- Team projects will be treated as if presented by a single firm, and will be judged as an individual project.
Categories 1-16: Open to Registered Architects
Categories 17-18: Open to Registered Architects and those pursuing architectural registration under supervision of a registered architect.
Category 19: Open to current architecture students with proof of enrollment, and recent graduates. (Graduation date no later than June, of 2022)
March 16th, 2022 - Project Entry Deadline
June TBD, 2022 - SARA|NY Design Awards Gala (Date/Time/Place TBD)
Please choose a category for each project you submit. If you decide to enter one project in several categories, the entry fee will be due for each additional category.
1. Residential Housing
2. Affordable and Supportive Housing
3. Single Family Housing
4. Commercial & Industrial
10. Small Projects: Up to 2500 square feet for $1 million
11. Architectural Interiors
12. Historic Preservation & Restoration
13. Adaptive Reuse & Renovation
14. Sustainable Design
15. Urban Design
16. Landscape Architecture
17. Unbuilt and Theoretical Projects
18. Non-Building: Architectural Design Detail, Furniture, Architectural Graphics, Product Design
$195 SARA Member per entry
$295 Non-Member per entry
$50 Student for a maximum of 2 projects.
All Fees Due Upon Entry.
The jury shall consist of at least four architects and/or industry professionals. Decisions of the jury are final. Entries will be judged on merit based on the following criteria:
1. Program Solution
2. Site and Space Planning
3. Construction System
4. Overall Design Solution and Aesthetics
5. Details and Function
Awardees will be granted one of the following categories:
1. Award of Excellence
2. Award of Honor
3. Award of Merit
Student projects will also garner Merit, Honor, and Excellence Awards. One of the Excellence category winners will be awarded a $1000 USD prize.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
visit www.sarany.org for more information
We look forward to viewing your projects. Best of Luck!